HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
Massimo di ospiti5
Camere da letto1
|Indirizzo||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, Regno Unito|
|Tipologia di alloggio||Camera privata|
|Tasso di accettazione||50%|
|Tempo di risposta||poche ore|
IMPORTANT! Please note the EXACT STREET ADDRESS from your Wimdu reservation. Mobile phone maps use POSTCODES which give many addresses on the same street.
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
For 5 years there have been many visitors from East and West: Australasia (incl China, Korea, VN, Japan, Singapore & HK) , Euroland, North and South America and more. Locals say Edinburgh is like a big village - friendly, walkable, special.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed. The property is hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by a large private garden and terrace. Discount for children aged 15 & under, please ask at time of booking). Pets are welcome. Gay-friendly.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed - see photos) and two extra mattresses that can be placed on the floor **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE WITH EXTRA MATTRESSES IS LIMITED. Children welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, arm chair and a closet. The guest room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom.
Continental breakfast is included.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinemas & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport as well as the new TRAM, `12 minutes away
• Edinburgh is a very walkable town.
• Excellent international & local restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting and welcoming you to my home soon.
* Bathroom, with shower and bath (Hours: (7am to 1030pm)
* private garden & terrace
* kitchen & Washing machine may be used by arrangement (no later than 8pm please), & Limited refrigerator space may be possible, Please advise beforehand
* Drying closet for overnight drying of washed clothes, or outside line in good weather.
Interaction with guests
Enjoy chatting, becoming acquainted, music, interesting stories, photographic arts, history. Musicians welcome to share their art. I have a fine Spanish classical guitar, as well as alto, soprano and sopranino recorders/blokflute
Other things to note
PROFILES: (1) Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
(2) When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
(3) DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address to ensure correct location
(4) August International FESTIVAL PERIOD: Minimum booking is 2 persons / 2 nights
Regole dell'AbitazioneGUESTS: .
To help you enjoy your stay, please note the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please leave shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• Limited space in refrigerator may be available by arrangement
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 730am - 10:30pm
• Please ask if you have special requirements, I'll do what I can to help.
Thank you, and enjoy your visit!
|Prezzo per ogni ospite oltre 1||22 € ogni ospite in più (a notte)|
|Numero massimo di notti||5 notti|
|Check-in dopo le||09:00|
|Check-in prima delle||Su accordo|
|Check-out prima delle||Su accordo|
|Politica di Cancellazione||Flessibile|
Le recensioni dell'alloggio
I had a really great stay at David's flat in Edinburg. The flat is centrally located. It is only 10-15 minutes walk in the city center so that no public transport is needed. The flat was very clean and nicely decorated (with a very lovely garden). David was very kind and always very helpful when I had a question. I would always contact him again when I need to go back to Edinburgh.
Unfortunately we came one day later as planed and had only one stay in Edinburgh. David ist a very nice , kind and interresting person. We like him very much. He was so helpful and told us a lot about Edinburgh. All the best for him.
I REALLY ENJOYED MY STAY IN EDINBURGH AND AT DAVID'S.HE WAS AN EXCELLANT, INTERESTING AND HELPFUL HOST. I FELT SO MUCH AT EASE THERE AND HOPE TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR. THANKS A LOT. HANNES
David was realy a fluke! We felt very well with all (excellent breakfist, nice tidy rooms, cosy atmosphere and a brilliant site). He's a very friendly man with fine manners and we enjoyed the fabolously storys of his full and interessting life. He has a very open mind and is helpful anytime. He made us feel very comfortable and easy to relish our holidays. Unfortunately we stayed only three days.
Kind regards from all of us David ,and good luck!!!
Denise, Felix, Clementina and Luana :-) :-) :-) :-)
David nous a réservé un accueil chaleureux. La chambre est très correcte. Le partage de la salle de bain n'a posé aucun problème. Le petit déjeuner continental était copieux et varié (pain délicieux, confitures, fromages, fruits frais, yaourt fait maison). La maison se trouve dans un très bel environnement et on peut facilement rejoindre le centre-ville à pied. David répondait à nos questions et s'est montré amical pendant tous les moments passés chez lui.
Een goede kamer in een prettige buurt. Je kan gebruik maken van de tuin en we hadden mooi weer dus we zaten veel in de tuin. De auto kan je parkeren in de buurt. David helpt je wel en heeft een hoop info.
David ist ein sehr freundlicher und hilfsbereiter Gastgeber, wir fühlten uns in seiner Wohnung sehr wohl. Danke nochmal für die interessanten Geschichten, David.
David est un hote tres sympathique, ouvert et serviable.
Nous avons juste ete surpris que le 4eme lit soit un matelas a terre et non un vrai lit cela laisse peu de place pour se mouvoir dans la piece.
Het is bij David uitstekend bevallen! Een mooi plekje in het ruige Edinburgh slechts een 10 minuten van het centrum. Verder is David een uitstekend gastheer en is zeer behulpzaam.
David nous a tres bien reçu. Avant notre arrivée, il a répondu à toutes nos interrogations et nous a conseillé. Son accueil et sa gentillesse ont contribué à la réussite de notre séjour en Ecosse.
Il nous a préparé de succulents petit déjeuners avec des produits frais.
Mes amis et moi même remercions chaleureusement David et le recommandons aux futurs visiteurs d'Ecosse.
- Qualità degli alloggi garantita
- I proprietari sono contattati e verificati telefonicamente
- Un sistema di pagamento efficace e sicuro